I'm a homeschooling mom to an 8-year-old son and 5-year-old daughter. We get our schooling done while the 3 year old naps. Here are some of the benefits:
- My active son won't be told he has ADHD for acting like a normal boy which is a reason many of our friends pulled their kids out of public school to home school.
- In two hours a day we accomplish more than the poor teachers in public school can with the 30 kids they are responsible for.
- My children have plenty of time to explore, play, and create.
- No homework battles at night! When school is over, it's over which allows a lot of family time at night.
- My children have ample time to pursue sports and hobbies.
- My children are free to develop their own personalities without the fear of not fitting.
And for the people that worry that my kids won't be "socialized" like all of the other children at public school, that's exactly why we do it! We have so many social opportunities -- sports, clubs, field trips, play dates with other homeschoolers, play dates with other kids in the neighborhood -- that we have to frequently turn down social opportunities to allow enough time for school.
It's also very rewarding when people frequently comment on how well behaved and intelligent my children are. I'm glad I made the decision, in part thanks to you, to do the right thing for my kids!