I am a mom of eight kids and married 45 years to my best friend. One night, all I could think of was the things I did "wrong" as a mom, and one of my daughters called me during the time I was thinking that I had been a bad mom.
The next day, she sent me a list of all the things I had done well, and I wanted to share them with you:
1. You taught us to be active and eat well.
2. You made exercising fun and a part of our lives.
3. You never let us waste time watching TV or playing video games.
4. You made us do chores.
5. You taught us to work hard.
6. You taught us to be smart with money.
7. You never gave us your credit card to use.
8. You never cared about name brands or keeping up with the Joneses.
9. You always served the less fortunate and taught us to do the same.
10. You taught us how to cook.
11. You always made food for the friends who came over.
12. You always encouraged us and supported our hobbies, even when we were crazy about Irish dancing!
13. You taught us to listen to Dr. Laura.
Thank you, Dr. Laura for all you have helped me do as a mother!
Remember, all of you can send me "letters" too - by email! Just sign into (or sign up for) the Dr. Laura Family - it's free - and tell us of your experiences.