Here are five of the biggest reasons we feel emotionally drained:
1. We use all-or-nothing thinking. We have a tendency to see reality based on our emotions. However, sometimes you have to think with your head and not with your heart. Your rational mind has to question whether something is actually real or permanent.
2. We engage in activities and/or relationships we know we shouldn’t be in. We make our lives harder trying to be someone else so that we can be accepted and deemed worthy by others.
3. We focus on our weaknesses instead of our strengths. When you’re paralyzed by not knowing what to do, focus on what you can do.
4. We don’t have something to look forward to. When you’re stressed, place something new, fun, or exciting in the future that you can look forward to.
5. We don’t have a passion. Engage your mind, body, and soul in something that’s creative, productive, and enjoyable.
Want more Dr. Laura? Join the Dr. Laura Free Family to listen to Dr. Laura's daily Call of the Day and receive her Daily Dose newsletter!